RE: Database start

by "Chris Montgomery" <monty(at)astutia.com>

 Date:  Wed, 8 Sep 1999 09:08:58 -0500
 To:  <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Eduardo,

The simple answer is they entirely two different animals, but they do
work together to serve up dynamic database-driven web pages.  ColdFusion
is a middleware web application server whereas FileMaker is database
software.  I've know direct experience with Filemaker, so am not
qualified to comment on it, but you can find more info about CF at
Allaire's site (http://www.allaire.com/Products/Coldfusion).

Chris Montgomery
| astutia.com - Astute e-business applications & web site development |
|       http://www.astutia.com  monty(at)astutia.com  ICQ 7381282        |
| 210-490-3249/888-745-7603   Fax 210-490-4692    Mobile 210-823-1624 |
|      Authorized Reseller for Allaire and NetObjects Software        |