Re: Front Page or Cold Fusion?

by "Mike Eovino" <meovino(at)erols.com>

 Date:  Mon, 28 Jun 1999 11:49:30 -0400
 To:  <kob1(at)ix.netcom.com>,
<hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>On Sat, 26 Jun 1999 09:40:26 PDT, Tom Price <tomwprice(at)hotmail.com>
>, late of Pablo Fanques Fair wrote:
>
>>I know when it was suggested to
>>try Cold Fusion everyone was like "Who the hell is Allaire?".  Turns out
>>it�s two kids who started the company 4 years ago.  You may want to take
>>this into consideration before making your choice.  Even if Cold Fusion
were
>>a better product, which it is definitely not, who knows how long Allaire
>>will be in business to support you in the future.  Microsoft is
universally
>>hated (envied) but we all know they are here to stay, and frankly, provide
>>dramatic improvements to their products with each new release.  If Allaire
>>every really takes off, Microsoft will buy them out anyway.
>
>I guess Cold Fusion must have taken off. The FUD has started. Posted
>by an apparent professional with a hotmail account. Hmmm...

Who the hell was Microsoft before IBM asked them to write an OS for their
new Personal Computer, and they bought QDOS from some guy across town?
They'd probably still be writing BASIC interpreters if the author of CP/M
had been home that afternoon.  I don't use Cold Fusion, but I do use
HomeSite, and it is FIRST CLASS.  I have no problem using Allaire products.