Re: software to change res. without restart.

by "Jo Poplawski" <jopop(at)parallaxstudios.com>

 Date:  Wed, 3 Feb 1999 10:13:19 -0500
 To:  "Janti Pshegubj" <pshe(at)jonet.com>,
"HWG-software" <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hello.

I have a Creative Labs Banshee 16 meg card in my computer and it lets me
change the resolution anywhere from 640x480 up to 1280x1024 without a
restart.  Of course, a restart is recommended, especially when dropping
down, but you can get away with it.

If you are only interested in changing the size of your Browser window to
see what your pages will look like at the different sizes, you can get a
small utility like "Sizer" that will resize the active window to the size
you want, typically 640x480, 800x600, or 1024x768.  It is a freeware
program, so if you are interested, I can email it to you.

I design all my sites/pages with my monitor set at 1024x768 and use the
sizer utility to run my different browsers in different size configurations
to make sure they look okay at each, though I must confess I don't go to
crazy at the 640x480 resolution.

Jo