Re: IE not displaying backgrounds

by "Staff Account" <starrwolfdesign(at)starrwolf.com>

 Date:  Sat, 6 Nov 1999 07:50:50 -0600
 To:  "Brian Thorson" <Brian.J.Thorson-1(at)tc.umn.edu>,
<hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Morning Brian:

I followed your link and pulled your BG from the page and viewed it
separately to verify what I was supposed to see and it was a white BG with a
black left border. Is that what they can't see?

I see what they mean about not liking your creation if they can't see the
images because it is a bit unsightly after I cut out the images.

If it'll help you, tell your clients that I (Tech Support Help Desk) viewed
the site as you provided it via link as an objective third party in
Win98/800 x 600 using IE5, NN4.7, and NN3.0 @44bps and all of the images
displayed just fine including the bordered BG. Therefore, it is apparent it
is their settings and not your coding.

I am not too familiar with AOL browsers other than what the stats show they
view and my info tells me the AOL5 should be configureable as the stand
alone IE5. They will just have to work with you on settings if they don't
know how to do it by themselves. Then, they can test the browsers on other
sites to see if they view BG's.

There's only so much you can do for a client and if they won't see that
their browsers (not your coding) is the problem, then, not much you can do.

Mike
Help Desk
Starr Wolf Design
http://www.starrwolf.com