Re: link colors

by "Ben Z. Tels" <optimusb(at)stack.nl>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:40:08 +0200
 To:  <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
-----Original Message-----
From: Kayla Block <kblock(at)placeware.com>
To: hwg-software(at)hwg.org <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
Date: woensdag 12 augustus 1998 23:13
Subject: Re: link colors

>>The key is having the <font> tag inside of the <a> tag.
>
>I believe that syntax is technically 'illegal' since I believe that any tag
>in between an <a> and </a> is not legal.

This is not correct. An anchor element may contain inline elements. Under
HTML 4.0 TRANSITIONAL, it may even contain FONT elements.

>Not sure where to verify
>this

You can always look up any detail about HTML in the specification of HTML
4.0 [0] (or the approriate version specification.

[0] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40

Ben Z. Tels
optimusb(at)stack.nl
http://www.stack.nl/~optimusb/
UIN:2474460

"The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle
forever."
                                        --Tsiolkovsky