Re: software packages from Serif

by "Balanone" <Balanone(at)geocities.com>

 Date:  Sat, 3 Jul 1999 20:40:00 -0700
 To:  "lady wistfulee" <wistfulee(at)shaka.com>,
"hwg-software" <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I received a similar offer from them a short while ago.  I checked them out,
and discovered that what they're offering is mostly the previous versions of
their current software. IOW they have hundreds of old CD-Roms that are trash
unless they can "sell" them for the cost of shipping/handling. And they're
also hoping that if you like the software, you'll upgrade and buy the
current stuff.

I chose not to get the software, but I found nothing wrong with the offer.

Since I chose not to get the software, of course I can't swear that they
won't "upset" your computer more than any other 3rd party (non-MS) software
will. No software like this will void or bother your warranty -- the problem
is that MS won't warranty their operating system to be compatible with
otherwise useful and productive software. :-(

Balanone
   PP