Re: DirecPC and upgrading operating system

by "Bryan Bateman" <batemanb(at)home.com>

 Date:  Thu, 7 Sep 2000 13:55:43 -0400
 To:  <ltitus(at)mindspring.com>,
<hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You did not mention if you went with the USB modem or PCI modem.
http://www.direcpc.com/consumer/what/need.html

If it is USB, you are in for a time.  Look at any device with USB support.
My own experience was that after 2 weeks of research I found that my USB
chipset was not up to the current manufacturing standards.  I tried  Win 95
with USB, Win 98SE, Win 2000.  Finally purchased a USB card to fit in a
spare PCI slot on my motherboard.

Save yourself some headache.  Go with the PCI approach.