RE: Sharing of password protected pages

by "David Clapper" <dclapper(at)clioassociates.com>

 Date:  Tue, 1 Aug 2000 08:00:33 -0700
 To:  ltitus(at)mindspring.com hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi Linda,

Well, if WeScreen has designed their application in a nice modular
fashion, you should be able to develop your own presentation
layer and interface it to the portion of their app which actually
does the authentication, info retrieval, etc.

If you want to do it on the cheap (!?), you may be able to screen-scrape
their existing pages.

HTH.  Let me know if I can provide more assistance.

 He uses
>the service at:  http://www.wescreen.com  Right now, he has
to type in his
>clients' information onto this site's form.  He says it's laborious
and time
>consuming.
>
>He would like to incorporate the wescreen.com form pages into
his site so
>that he could have his _clients_ type in their own information.
He doesn't
>want his clients to know that they are actually using pages
connected to the
>wescreen.com site. BTW, wescreen.com is very agreeable to all
this. They
>will still be getting paid the same amount by my client.
>
>I know that I can make a page of my client's site framed, so
that it can
>bring wescreen.com's pages into my client's site yet make it
appear that
>visitors are still on my client's site.  But when a visitor
puts the pointer
>over a link on a wescreen.com page, won't the full URL appear
(Ex.
>http://www.wescreen.com/drivingrecord.html) thus divulging to
the visitor
>that they are getting a page from the wescreen.com site?  Is
there a way
>around this?
>
>Plus, a visitor must enter a user name and password, and the
box for that is
>not a pop-up window.  It is part of the entire web page.  So
I don't see how