RE: PDF Search

by "Mark Roedel" <roedelm(at)letu.edu>

 Date:  Mon, 2 Aug 1999 07:58:57 -0500
 To:  "Kathy" <ksiddall(at)attcanada.net>,
"HWG Software" <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>

We use an open-source package caled ht://dig as our local search engine.
One of its niftier features is the ability to call an external program to
help with indexing.  This means (on Unix, at least) that our search engine
can look into PDF's, Word documents, and so forth.

Information on ht://dig is available at http://www.htdig.org

---
Mark Roedel             |  "Blessed is he who has learned to laugh
Systems Programmer      |   at himself, for he shall never cease
LeTourneau University   |   to be entertained."
Longview, Texas, USA    |                           -- John Powell