Re: Unassociating .bmp files

by "David Meadows" <david(at)goldenheroes.softnet.co.uk>

 Date:  Sat, 8 Aug 1998 12:00:00 +0100
 To:  "BEN" <garbage(at)softhome.net>,
<hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
BEN <garbage(at)softhome.net>:
> I recently downloaded Opera, and associated .bmp files with it. I
deleted
>Opera, and now I cant open any .bmp files because Windows cant find
>opera.exe. How do I reassociate these files with MGI Photosuite?

Assuming Windows 95:

1. Open Windows Explorer.
2. Locate a BMP file.
3. Highlight (select) the file.
4. Hold [Shift] and right-click the file.
5. Select "Open With" from the menu.
6. Select Photosuite from the list of programs.
7. Check the "Always Use..." checkbox.
8. Click "OK".

Now would you mind telling me how you ever managed to open a BMP in
Opera? Because I can't get Opera to recognise the file type! It's not a
typical web graphics format so I assumed Opera wasn't able to display
it.

Now I'm intrigued...

--
David Meadows [ Technical Writer | Information Developer ]
DNRC Minister for Littorasy * david(at)goldenheroes.softnet.co.uk