Re: Netscape 6 preview release 1

by "Leo Smith" <barter(at)ntplx.net>

 Date:  Wed, 5 Apr 2000 19:05:07 -0700
 To:  <sschrab(at)linux.laughlin.com>,
"Chris Giminez" <chris(at)cyber-scriber.com>,
<hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
From: "Steven Schrab" <sschrab(at)linux.laughlin.com>
> I don't want to surf in an Internet where Microsoft controls the
> standard.  I want somebody like the W3C making the standards based on
> the opinions of professionals like ourselves.  That's what some of the
> lists in the HTML Writer's Guild are all about.

Larry Lessig, in his recent book "Code", predicts that standards will be set
not by Microsoft
and not by W3C, by the banks and corporations engaging in ecommerce. I just
finished the book
and would highly recommend it.

Leo Smith