Re: Log File Analysis Software

by "B. Szyszka" <bart(at)bgrafyx.com>

 Date:  Wed, 5 Aug 1998 18:34:06 -0400
 To:  <patrick(at)webside.de>,
"S. Williams" <bvista(at)bella-vista.com>
 Cc:  <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>I guess what you want is WebTrends. Check out www.webtrends.com. Analog,
>GetStats, Mkstat, etc. are nice and free (?) but webtrends does real analysises,
>not just statistics. Webtrends collects all info, draws graphics, etc. The
>output can be html, winword-doc, excel, ascii, etc.

There's a program out there by MarketWave ( http://www.marketwave.com/ )
call HitList and there are several versions of them. HitList3 'Standard' was
a free program that did great analysis, although extremely slow on my
P233 w/ MMX and 64MB of RAM. They're commercial versions are supposedly
a lot faster because of different databases, and stuff like that. They recently
released HitList4, but I didn't see a free Standard version. Worth a check,
though. I'm still holding onto my free HitList3 version, and am not particularly
thrilled about Analog (it doesn't do much analyzing as far as seperating
hits from visits goes).

--
Bart Szyszka  ICQ:4982727
B Grafyx "We Make Bee-utiful Graphics"