Re: The

by "Terri Irving" <t_irving(at)hotmail.com>

 Date:  Wed, 04 Mar 1998 10:44:33 PST
 To:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>>But, back to browsers, is it really possible that one can change
>browsers
>>in "5 seconds?" Can one even get Internet Explorer to shut down in
that

>>much time? Or find the menu options? Or get the application of that
>size
>>started under Windows? In five seconds?

Not if you are running a Windows NT server. You'd think the latest
version of IE would be compatible with the OS, but it's not. I installed
4.03 on NT, and decided I didn't like my browser to stick its nose in
all of my applications, so I uninstalled it, which had the effect of
pulling a notched arrow out of someone's stomach. It pulled the OS down
with it, and I spent the rest of the day reinstalling the server and
reconfiguring it.

Five seconds? Only if you're using Netscape or Mosaic.

Terri Irving
http://www.popline.com/tirving/terri/default.htm