Re: Apache for Windows

by Quackamoe <quackamoe(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:30:07 -0800 (PST)
 To:  mgraham(at)netway.com,
hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

--- Marsha <mgraham(at)netway.com> wrote:
> Hi, I've been trying to decide if this is better
> addressed here or on the tech list.

Actually, the servers list is where things like this
are most at home. Plus, Rich Bowen is on that list
and he's the author of Apache Unleashed.

> Tried to install in on the D drive.  No go. Errored
> out.  Uninstalled it.  Tried to
> put it in the C drive under Apache.  No go again.
> Uninstalled it a second
> time.  Let it put itself in Program Files - it will
> start up but  errors out saying
> there is no DNS.
>
> Talked with the teacher who said I need an ethernet
> connection or at least a
> configured ethernet card for a DNS.

I installed Apache on my PC at home long before
I got an ethernet card. Also on a laptop, so teacher
is wrong about this one.

If you haven't modified your httpd.conf file yet,
that's where you need start, as Jeff already
mentioned.
Take care when editing it though; I edited mine in
Note Tab Light once and then Apache wouldn't run
anymore. Turns out NoteTab had wrapped some lines and
screwed the whole thing up! I only touch my httpd.conf
with UltraEdit or vim now.

I'm available for Apache help, but I know nothing
about
Cold Fusion.

HTH,

Terry Fowler