Re: DNS Help

by "Bryan Bateman" <batemanb(at)home.com>

 Date:  Sun, 29 Oct 2000 05:23:51 -0000
 To:  "Richardson,
Romaine" <richardr(at)mail.dartnet.peachnet.edu>,
<hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Did a bit of research (see below) and everything seems to be in order.
Peachnet is the listed host for the GA public libraries.  The name resolves
as shown below.  The only part of this connection I could not check is the
IP configuration on your machine.  What are your primary and secondary name
servers?  Is there a proxy server in your path to the internet?  What name
server(s) does it use to resolve?

--------------------------
C:\>nslookup 168.10.2.210 131.144.4.10
Server:  NS.PeachNet.EDU
Address:  131.144.4.10

Name:    www.terrell.public.lib.ga.us
Address:  168.10.2.210

   Domain Name: PEACHNET.EDU
   Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.
   Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
   Referral URL: www.networksolutions.com
   Name Server: NS.PEACH.NET
   Name Server: PEACHNET.EDU
   Updated Date: 26-jan-2000

-----------------------------------
GA    CC.GA.US.                           hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    K12.GA.US.                          alan(at)peachnet.edu
------->>>GA    LIB.GA.US.                          alan(at)peachnet.edu
<<<----------------
GA    STATE.GA.US.                        hostmaster(at)State.Ga.US
GA    TEC.GA.US.                          alan(at)peachnet.edu
GA    ALBANY.GA.US.                       svictrum(at)albany.ga.us
GA    ALPHARETTA.GA.US.                   webmaster(at)isotropic.com
GA    AMERICUS.GA.US.                     us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    ATLANTA.GA.US.                      hostmaster(at)prairie.net
GA    AUGUSTA.GA.US.                      hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    BAINBRIDGE.GA.US.                   us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    BELVEDERE.GA.US.                    us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    BERKELEY-LAKE.GA.US.                domreg(at)MINDSPRING.COM
GA    BETWEEN.GA.US.                      reg(at)domainregistry.net
GA    BIBB.GA.US.                         administrator(at)co.bibb.ga.us
GA    BOGART.GA.US.                       reg(at)domainregistry.net
GA    BULLOCH.GA.US.                      hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    BURKE.GA.US.                        hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    CHATHAM.GA.US.                      hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    CLARKSTON.GA.US.                    scott.register(at)oit.gatech.edu
GA    COBB.GA.US.                         domain.billing(at)mindspring.net
GA    COLLEGE-PARK.GA.US.                 domreg(at)pmg.net
GA    COLUMBIA.GA.US.                     hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    CORDELE.GA.US.                      us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    COVINGTON.GA.US.                    us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    COWETA.GA.US.                       wsl(at)west.ga.net
GA    DOUGHERTY.GA.US.                    svictrum(at)albany.ga.us
GA    DOUGLAS.GA.US.                      us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    DRUID-HILLS.GA.US.                  reg(at)domainregistry.net
GA    DULUTH.GA.US.                       hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    DUNWOODY.GA.US.                     reg(at)domainregistry.net
GA    ENIGMA.GA.US.                       reg(at)domainregistry.net
GA    EVANS.GA.US.                        us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    EXPERIMENT.GA.US.                   reg(at)domainregistry.net
GA    FAIRBURN.GA.US.                     hostmaster(at)a-plus.net
GA    FITZGERALD.GA.US.                   us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    FOREST-PARK.GA.US.                  us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    FORT-BENNING.GA.US.                 us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    FORT-GORDON.GA.US.                  us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    FORT-STEWART.GA.US.                 us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    GRANTVILLE.GA.US.                   hostmaster(at)a-plus.net
GA    GROVETOWN.GA.US.                    gbass(at)csranet.com
GA    HAHIRA.GA.US.                       joadams(at)surfsouth.com
GA    HARDWICK.GA.US.                     reg(at)domainregistry.net
GA    HARLEM.GA.US.                       hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    HARRIS.GA.US.                       hostmaster(at)newlink.net
GA    HEARD.GA.US.                        hostmaster(at)a-plus.net
GA    HINESVILLE.GA.US.                   us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    JEFFERSON.GA.US.                    hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    KENNESAW.GA.US.                     webmaster(at)teambase.com
GA    LEE.GA.US.                          domreg(at)DIGEX.NET
GA    LUTHERSVILLE.GA.US.                 hostmaster(at)newlink.net
GA    MABLETON.GA.US.                     us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    MACON.GA.US.                        jbyron(at)prodigy.net
GA    MARTINEZ.GA.US.                     hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    MCDUFFIE.GA.US.                     hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    MERIWETHER.GA.US.                   hostmaster(at)a-plus.net
GA    MILLEDGEVILLE.GA.US.                alan(at)peachnet.edu
GA    MOODY-AFB.GA.US.                    us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    MT-PARK.GA.US.                      scott.register(at)oit.gatech.edu
GA    NEWNAN.GA.US.                       us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    NORTH-DECATUR.GA.US.                us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    OCHLOCKNEE.GA.US.                   reg(at)domainregistry.net
GA    OCONEE.GA.US.                       cdoster(at)itos.uga.edu
GA    OKEFENOKEE.GA.US.                   reg(at)domainregistry.net
GA    PEACHTREE-CITY.GA.US.               us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    RADIUM-SPRINGS.GA.US.               reg(at)domainregistry.net
GA    REDAN.GA.US.                        reg(at)domainregistry.net
GA    RICHMOND.GA.US.                     hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    ROBINS-AFB.GA.US.                   us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    ROME.GA.US.                         wjones(at)CCSROME.COM
GA    ROSWELL.GA.US.                      help(at)uu.net
GA    SANDY-SPRINGS.GA.US.                us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    SARDIS.GA.US.                       hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    SAVANNAH.GA.US.                     hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    SCREVEN.GA.US.                      hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    SENOIA.GA.US.                       hostmaster(at)a-plus.net
GA    SMYRNA.GA.US.                       us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    SOCIAL-CIRCLE.GA.US.                reg(at)domainregistry.net
GA    SOUTH-AUGUSTA.GA.US.                reg(at)domainregistry.net
GA    SOUTH-DECATUR.GA.US.                us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    STATESBORO.GA.US.                   hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    SYLVANIA.GA.US.                     hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    THOMPSON.GA.US.                     hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    TUCKER.GA.US.                       us-domain(at)beltane.com
GA    TYBEE-ISLAND.GA.US.                 hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    VIENNA.GA.US.                       usdomreg(at)askii.com
GA    VININGS.GA.US.                      harkins(at)mindspring.net
GA    WAYNESBORO.GA.US.                   hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net
GA    WRENS.GA.US.                        hostmaster(at)InfoAve.Net