Re: Dreamweaver

by Fred Holtzman <holtzman(at)usa.net>

 Date:  Wed, 04 Mar 1998 18:03:01 -0500
 To:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
About Dreamweaver
One advantage of Dreamweaver is that is comes with a bundled copy of
Homesite3.  So for those who haven't purchased Homesite3, that is $ saved.
Or makes Dreamweaver that much less expensive.

Dreamweaver automatically formats your source code to logically arrange
code in a sensible manner with indents, etc.

A really great advantage of Dreamweaver is that it doesn't add extra code
to your code like Page Mill or FrontPage97/98 all of which remain on the
shelf, gathering dust and are for resale real cheap.

Dreamweaver works almost transparently with HS3.  It a HS3 wysiwyg editor.
I have the same file open in both editors at the same time.  I move back
and forth between them depending on what I need to do and which is easier
to do it with.

I haven't taken the time to learn the "extended" features, but I finally
have a terrific wysiwyg editor to use with HS3.

The only maddening feature of Dreamweaver is that insists on making the
HTML tags lower case.  I always make them upper case in HS.  But as you HS
users know, it takes only one click to fix this in HS.  (There might be a
switch but I haven't found it)
                                                              -
Till we email again
Dr. Fred Holtzman