RE: Discussion Room Software

by Kayla Block <kblock(at)placeware.com>

 Date:  Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:37:14 -0700
 To:  HWG Software <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:17 AM 6/22/98 -0500, Angie Dixon wrote:
>javaSCRIPT. That's what runs most, maybe all, of the WebBots.

I'd be VERY wary of using javascript based discussion room software that is
generated by Front Page. If you are going to use something like that, I
would highly encourage you to make absolutely sure that it will work with
Netscape. Javascript is not all that compatible between browsers and
browser versions, and I can't imagine MS going out of their way to
accomadate NS users. This would also require server-side javascript which
I'm also a bit wary of.

Kayla (the suspicious)