Re: link colors

by Zach Shewmaker <webmaster(at)imws.com>

 Date:  Wed, 12 Aug 1998 14:06:20 -0700
 To:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:34 PM 8/12/98 -0700, Kayla Block wrote:

>>The key is having the <font> tag inside of the <a> tag.
>
>I believe that syntax is technically 'illegal' since I believe that any tag
>in between an <a> and </a> is not legal. Not sure where to verify
>this....though even if true, you might feel fine about going ahead and
>using illegal syntax.

I think you may be right, but I couldn't find anything in W3C's HTML4 spec
that mentions having other tags in the <a> tag. It only mentioned that you
been one to really care what was allowed or not in strict HTML(as long as
it works), but I am curious if anyone out there knows if this illegal or not.

Thanks,
Zach