Re: FTP with Frontpage

by Michael Chopek <d2earth(at)okanaganconnector.com>

 Date:  Fri, 13 Feb 1998 14:16:21 -0800
 To:  Suzanne Ankerbrand <sankerbrand(at)villagelife.org>
 Cc:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Suzanne;

At 04:05 PM 2/13/98 -0400, Suzanne Ankerbrand wrote:

>Have a client who has purchased Frontpage so he can do some of his own site
>updates. He is having a problem setting it up for FTP. I can't help him
>cause I don't have FrontPage and don't know anything about it.

Well Suzanne you will quickly learn about Frontpage as soon as your client
opens up the page you created,  in some other editor.

The page will get trashed and the Html will never look the same...
say goodbye to your custom "meta-tags" and be prepared for lots of <p></p>
tags all over.

So as long as you and your client are aware that ....more than likely the
pages will need some tweaking "after" Frontpage is finished with
them...your okay....but they may want you to fix it...if he ever does
upload something.

Having said that I own a copy of Frontpage...I just wouldn't recommend
opening any page in Frontpage ...unless you created it in FP.

	Just so you know...it may lead to more work for you,  than you think.

				Best Regards;
						Michael

Michael Chopek                     d2earth(at)OkanaganConnector.com
Down to Earth Design Ltd       http://www.d2earth.com
the Okanagan Connector          http://OkanaganConnector.com
Member -  HTML Writers Guild  [ http://www.hwg.org ]
Association of Internet Professionals [ http://www.association.org ]