Re: WYSIWYG

by killian jenkins <killian(at)terminal.cz>

 Date:  Sat, 21 Feb 1998 15:41:06 +0100
 To:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:59 AM 2/21/98 EST, you wrote:
>Personally, I would prefer a WYSIWYG editor that lets me switch between the
>layout and the HTML editor.  Since I'm still a beginner and I'm more visually
>oriented (that, and HTML coding makes my skin crawl, since I'm still a
>beginner!), I'm finding it much easier to put the pages together using pull-
>down menus and such, then going to the HTML coding and fine-tuning.
>
>However, since I'm trying more advanced things, I'm using the HTML before,
>looking at the results, then going back to HTML for repairs.  For example,
I'm
>learning how to do tables so I can get images and text to line up like I want
>(or closer to what I want, anyway).  I'm doing this because I want to get a
>feel for how these things are done, and I may not have my current editor
>forever and ever (AOLPress 2.0).  If I have to switch, I'll have some degree
>of understanding.
>
>That, and reference books help, too...
>
>Andy
>AndieDunne(at)aol.com
>http://members.aol.com/andiedunne/hello.html

	Get a hold of Dreamweaver.  It writes *real* code.  I've tested in against
all types of validators and HTML design checkers.  It consistently gets
high marks.  It's also a great educational tool as you can watch it write
the code as you go.  Many HTML pros use it as a speed and efficiency tool
because it doesn't mess with the code they write and whatever it writes is
very good code.  Download the tral from Macromedia.

Regards
Killian

http://members.tripod.com/~SiteScribe/
http://www.iinet.com/users/recruit/temp/