Re: IE4 dominance

by Figment <cpowell1(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Thu, 05 Feb 1998 14:00:35 -0500
 To:  Tim McGuire <tmcguire(at)superior.net>
 Cc:  hwg-software <hwg-software(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
You are right about that.  In my case, I only needed the HTML rendering bit
and the stylesheet rendering bit of IE3.  The Javascript works, but IDK
about VBScript.  While it's better than nothing, I agree, you do lose a lot
of other functionality...  It is a good argument for platform-independent
authoring, though! <g>

Cherie

At 01:49 PM 2/5/98 -0500, Tim McGuire wrote:
>The problem with running the 16-bit version of IE is that it doesn't
>support Java, ActiveX, VBScript (?), or some of the other key features of
>the 32-bit versions.
>
>-Tim McGuire
>tmcguire(at)superior.net, ICQ 5757950
>http://www.superior.net/~tmcguire/

---
Visit T.O.R.C.H. - The Official R.T.A-F Collector's Haven!
The official Web site for the people of rec.toys.action-figures,
and for anyone who still plays with toys.
http://cpowell1.home.mindspring.com/RTAF/home.htm