Re: Adobe PDF's and IE 3.0x and 4.0

by Figment <cpowell1(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Tue, 31 Mar 1998 16:32:52 -0500
 To:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:39 PM 3/31/98 -0400, Kortland, Brian wrote:
>We are in the process of testing the use of Adobe PDF files for various
corporate manuals for our Intranet.  In testing the PDF's (using Acrobat as
a Plug-in in IE in WinNT 4.0) we seem to get buggy results.  For instance
in IE 3.0x Acrobat crashes the browser when you click on links or dialog
box buttons, in IE 4.0 Acrobat produces memory errors (too many files open)
when you try to review numerous PDF's....yet no files appear to be open to
cause this error.

We had this EXACT problem in our company a year or so ago.  After much pain
and suffering, we finally scrapped the idea of Acrobat Web delivery.  We do
still use the product to deliver the material on CD, but that's it.

It's very unfortunate that Adobe isn't working harder on this one.

Cherie
---
Visit T.O.R.C.H. - The Official R.T.A-F Collector's Haven!
The official Web site for the people of rec.toys.action-figures,
and for anyone who still plays with toys.
http://cpowell1.home.mindspring.com/RTAF/home.htm