Re: Macromedia Dreamweaver

by "Captain F.M. O'Lary" <webmaster(at)canopy.net>

 Date:  Tue, 24 Aug 1999 21:05:44 -0400
 To:  <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sal (et al),

I'm curious. Given your glowing recommendation and your quote: " . . . This
software is absolutely the best" and " . . definitely doesn't mess with
your code!"

I'm wondering if you would mind posting the URL of a  page (or several)
done exclusively with this software for validation. After all that's the
ONLY way to judge the quality of an editor's output wouldn't you say -
whether it's notepad, or ed, or dreamweaver?

TIA,
Fuzzy

At 08:33 PM 8/24/99 +0100, Sal wrote:
>Chris
>
>This software is absolutely the best, I have been using it for nearly a year
>now.  The learning curve is not steep, as it is a true WYSIWYG editor.  You
>can download a free 30 day trial copy at
>http://www.macromedia.com/dreamweaver (or www.dreamweaver.com!).  I have
>used loads of others, and this is by far the best, both in ease of use and
>powerful capabilities.  As you might have seen (or not) from past
>HWG-Software discussions, most of my colleagues would agree.  It also
>doesn't have half the bugs that FrontPage does, and definitely doesn't mess
>with your code!  I have turned lots of people towards Dreamweaver and I
>couldn't recomment it more.  (No, I don't work for Macromedia!!!!)
>

>Sally Reid.

Captain F.M. O'Lary
(yes, one of the now infamous: "O'Lary Boys")
webmaster(at)canopy.net
sysop(at)mail.ruediger.leon.k12.fl.us
Member of the HTML Writers Guild and
International Webmasters Association