Re: HotDog 5 Webmaster Suite

by Kersti at Work <kanear(at)pacificaccess.com.au>

 Date:  Mon, 09 Nov 1998 09:59:24 +1100
 To:  swarner(at)vcss.net
 Cc:  hwg-software(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
As a former notepad-only HTML writer and a previous
wouldn't-touch-it-with-a-barge-pole hotdog user I must say that I am quite
impressed with hotdog 5. A girl that I was working with used to work for
sausage and insisted that i give it a try - i haven't looked back since. I
use it in it's simplest editor form. It colours the tags just beautifully
and gives line numbers in a gutter. A nice feature is that you can hide
away chunks of code that are getting in your way. It also does a fairly
accurate page size (inc graphic sizes).

There's a few little glitches that bug me from time to time, but I did all
of the new Australian Yellow Pages site using this and am about to start on
the new Australian White Pages site - so I'm a fairly intensive coder!

As with all products, give it a try and see what YOU think.

Regards
Kersti