Re: prefered platform

by jon(at)carib-link.net (John Camacho)

 Date:  Mon, 04 May 1998 22:21:35 GMT
 To:  James Pasmantier <parm(at)erols.com>
 Cc:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
There was a time when Macs were definitely the only platform for
desktop graphics, but now that has changed. PCs are as capable as macs
when it comes any kind of publishing, traditional or otherwise. And
most large software companies produce identical software for both
platforms, like Adobe and Macromedia.

<opinion>
In fact, with OSes like NT, PCs have an extra edge over Macs.
</opinion>

Most of the advantages that the mac had over PCs has been erased over
the years, so any kind of design work done on a mac can also be done
on the PC.

On Mon, 04 May 1998 08:51:21 -0400, you wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>I hope this doesn't spawn too brutal a battle, but I am hoping
>for other opinions in a general MAC vs PC debate I've been
>having.  Basically, I've been using a PC for the past 2 years to
>handle all of my web development which includes graphic design,
>and I've been quite pleased. =20
>I have a friend who is looking to purchase a computer for the
>same purpose and is leaning towards a MAC.  I was under the
>impression that a MAC was the prefered platform for major graphic
>design, but for simple web graphics a PC will handle your tasks
>more than adequately.  In other areas, I also worry about the
>variety of hardware/software/support that are available for MACs.
>
>In conclusion, would getting a PC over a MAC limit one's
>abilities in web design?
>
>	Thanks,
>
>	James=20
>	parm(at)erols.com
>	http://www.cdsc.org

|pixelstation  // john camacho ---- ICQ#: 1392513 |
|web site &=A0 // http://www.pixelstation.com    =A0=A0 |
|graphic=A0=A0=A0 // mailto:john(at)pixelstation.com       |
|design=A0=A0=A0 // mailto:jon(at)carib-link.net           |
|member - html writers guild - http://www.hwg.org |
|=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=