Re: PaintShop Pro 5.0 vs. Photoshop?

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <berlar(at)generation.net>

 Date:  Fri, 16 Oct 1998 20:49:32 -0400
 To:  "Funkyllama Creations" <llama(at)myna.com>
 Cc:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi again!

>PSP 5 also has a multi-level undo history.=20
>
>Scott McDougall

I knew PSP 5 has multiple levels of undo and one kind of Undo history but
PS 5's Undo History goes a step further.  At any time you can go back to
any stage of the history, save the file at that stage if you want and go
back to were you were or to any other stage of editing.  It's more like
multiple Undo _and_ Redo that's limited only by your available scratch disk
memory.  I know it may sound from my previous post that I didn't give a
fair try to PSP 5 but I did work a lot in PSP 4.xx before I got Photoshop
so I knew PSP's interface and features quite well.  Even if PSP 5.0 is a
great upgrade, Photoshop is just so much more powerful and flexible in my
opinion.

Micheal Channing mentionned Actions before (how can I have forgotten that
earlier!) that is another outsdanding feature of Photoshop that saves a lot
of time.  What it does is basically record a set of actions you do so you
can "replay" them later.  It automates a lot of repetitive tasks and saves
a lot of time.  Many awesome Actions come on the CD and tons more can be
found on the internet for free.

I agree that software preferences are very personal but as features go I do
believe that Photoshop is the best... it does come with a bigger price tag
of course.

St=E9phane Bergeron