Re: Homesite 4.0

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <berlar(at)generation.net>

 Date:  Thu, 17 Dec 1998 19:49:50 -0500
 To:  "P.A. Gantt" <pgantt(at)icx.net>
 Cc:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 06:52 PM 17/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>One note... from another list I am on
>most who have tried the codesweeper in both
>HS 4 & 3 agree that the codesweeper in 3=20
>is better... might want to hang onto 3 if you
>have it or use another validator.
>
>Not my opinion just thought I'd pass this along.

There was no CodeSweeper in HomeSite 3.0x P.A.  This is new to 4.0 with the
addition of Design View.  Some people decided to stay with 3.01 until the
4.01 maintenance release ships but that has to do with other problems some
users are having.  What you are probably talking about is the built in
Validator in HS 4.0 which is indeed very buggy.  That's why most users
still use the CSE 3310 HTML Validator that came with HomeSite 3.0 or just
bought the full licence to the 3.03 version of that Validator.  That's what
I did.  Both are just syntax checkers though but that's very handy to catch
nesting errors, unclosed tags and all the other little mistakes that can
creep into code.  If you want true validation use the W3C's validation
services.

St=E9phane Bergeron