Re: Best OS for HTML authors. (Was: RE: software to changeres. w ithout restart.)

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <berlar(at)generation.net>

 Date:  Thu, 04 Feb 1999 06:09:30 -0500
 To:  "Mark Stradling" <mark.stradling(at)westmedia.co.uk>
 Cc:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:38 AM 04/02/99 +0000, you wrote:
>> Correct, Cold Fusion Server will be ported to UNIX with the next version
>(5.0) but I'm not sure if Cold Fusion Studio >  will be as well.
>
>This isn't quite correct.  Remember Linux is only one flavour of UNIX - and
>Cold Fusion has been available for some time on Sun Solaris, another
>flavour of UNIX.  OK, so a much more expensive one, but boy do those Sun
>desktop machines look groovy.

You are absolutely right... God I'm too tired to post to any mailing list
these days... ;-) Thanks for correcting me.   And I agree with you...
computers do look groovy!  I did read in one of Allaire's users forums that
Cold Fusion will be ported to other flavors of UNIX with version 5.0 but I
guess any one interested should check out their Web site for more info.

St=E9phane Bergeron