RE: WYSIWYG . . . <update>

by Kayla Block <kblock(at)placeware.com>

 Date:  Tue, 23 Mar 1999 17:08:19 -0800
 To:  hwg-software(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
How does my saying that I use a combination of tools prove that the wysiwyg
tools in question don't produce valid html? I fail to understand your logic
here.

Further, there are various levels of validation available which you don't
make clear in your post. You can validate against any number of DTD's. I'm
asking you to state what you are validating against.

What DTD do you write for? Do you ever use tags which have not been
approved by w3c? Are you satisfied with using less rigorous validators than
w3c's? Without the answers to these questions, we are talking apples and
oranges.

I validate against html 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0 using both CSE and an in-house
copy of DrHTML. I have yet to see any problems generated by the software in
question. But since you already have this all figured out, I don't suppose
my saying this means anything to you.  :)

I would suggest that you stick to the tools you know. And stop bothering
the rest of us with questions that you already have figured out.

Kayla Block