RE: Software

by David Moninger <David.Moninger(at)IslandTime.com>

 Date:  Tue, 25 May 1999 11:29:06 -0400
 To:  "'Lori & Greg Michelle'" <lorigreg(at)awebspinner.com>,
hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:29 AM 5/25/99 ,Lori & Greg Michelle ask:
>> Hi All:
>>      I am looking for software that can scan a magazine page
>> and turn it
>> into html.  Is there such a piece of software?

And Mark Stradling responded:
>So far as I'm aware, there isn't anything which can scan a page and render
>it as HTML - with formatting (if that is what you meant).

The software you want, if on a PC,
 is OmniPage Web from Caere
see http://www.caere.com/omnipage/web/

I will not speak to it's applicability to your situation, but I've had
reasonable results using other Caere products for OCR work.

Hope that helps,
david