Re: Flash3 Q: to rotate a single line

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <berlar(at)generation.net>

 Date:  Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:28:32 -0400
 To:  Dunajcsik =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E9ter?= <maxigas(at)galamb.net>
 Cc:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:04 AM 16/04/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Greeetings!
>
>I'm experimenting with Macomedia Flash 3, and  I'd like to do
>sth like a clock. On a layer I put some static data; a circle, some
>numbers and so, and on another, I put a single line to act as the
>finger. I add 2 keyframes with 10 frames between each other.
>On the second kframe, I rotate the line's top  45 degrees right.
>So far so good. I select all the frames of this 'dynamic' layer,
>and set Proprties / Tweening: Shape. But the stupid program
>makes the line flip and fly, so that at the end it's done a 180
>degrees turn, but not with the clock's centre but his own!...
>I have some ideas why it's doing this, but not any of a workaround...

Just a couple remarks first.  To optimize your movie's file size and play=20
speed, you should put static and moving elements on separate layers.  In=20
your case, the clock finger should be alone on its layer.  That way Flash=20
doesn't have to figure out and redraw every element of the clock in every=20
frame.  Second, to tween between keyframes you simply have to select any=20
one of them in between, right click on it, select properties and Tweening,=
=20
etc...

As for your specific problem.  Select your clock finger then choose=20
Insert/Create Symbol.  Then make sure it is still selected and choose=20
Modify/Transform/Edit Center.  Move the + where you want it, select your=20
end keyframe, rotate the finger around its new axis, tween... Very  easy :-)

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron