RE: Netscape 6 preview release 1

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Sat, 08 Apr 2000 14:35:08 +1000
 To:  Tupshin Harper <tupshin(at)tupshin.com>,
rwhiting(at)bellsouth.net,
"Craig T. Harding" <info(at)guidenet.net>
 Cc:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:41 5/04/00 -0800, Tupshin Harper wrote:
>Both the HTML and the CSS associated with that page have a
>number of errors that could trigger misrendering.  Because of the completely
>new architecture, there will be a number of cases where Mozilla/NN6 doesn't
>render *invalid* HTML and CSS the way that either IE or older Netscapes do.
>In this case, I bet that if you fix the errors, it will render as intended.

I agree wholeheartedly!!  With the wealth of new browsing agents becoming
available, the days when we could rely on the "fault tolerance" of some
browsers to compensate for sloppy coding practices are over.  It's time for
the web designer to take responsibility for the flaws in his/her work,
regardless of what programming tools they use!

The fault definitely lies with the page author, not the rendering tools.

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au