Re: HTML Editors

by Peggi & Ben Rodgers <woodduck(at)mbay.net>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:00:09 -0800
 To:  <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Personally I love Dreamweaver.  It does allow you to hard code if you'd
like to do that and the learning curve for it is not as bad as it looks.

Aside from Dreamweaver, you might take a look at Homesite (newly acquired
by MacroMedia).  I've heard that's a good program and easy to use.  I
haven't tried it myself though.

HTH

Peggi

At 01:56 PM 3/20/01 -0500, Insurance Squared wrote:
>I'm considering upgrading from notepad as my editor of choice, and would
>like some opinions.  I want to keep the 'hands on' of notepad, but would
>like some quicker ways to validate, use references, check tables, etc.
>
>I'm thinking:
>1) Dreamweaver seems to be used extensively, but I've seen it and it looks
>far to learning intensive and not 'hands on the code' enough for my
>preferences.
>2) The list archives mention HotMetal Pro, looks interesting.
>3) I bumped into HotDog (sausagetools) which also seems to have a whole
>bunch of tools for managing websites.
>
>Anyone have any experience with the last two? Or any suggestions on what I
>should use, preferably not to far removed from notepad in terms of coding,
>with short learning curve?  Should I just stick to notepad and save my $'s?
>
>Thanks,
>Glenn

Peggi Rodgers
Flash Programmer