RE: HTML Editors

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:24:59 -0500
 To:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:23 PM 20/03/01 -0600, you wrote:
>I would recommend HomeSite.  If you buy DreamWeaver you'll get it on the
>same disk.  Otherwise, it's pretty reasonable on its own.
>
>It's a lot like HotDog, which of all your choices is the closest to=
 Notepad.
>In my experience, however, HomeSite is a lot more stable and reliable.

Yep, I agree, it's also far more powerful and extensible and is the most=20
used code based HTML editor around and for good reason.  Hot Dog is=20
basically a cheap HomeSite imitator so better stick with the original and=20
best.   I've been using HomeSite for years and although I tried just about=
=20
every other editor I stuck with HomeSite because no other even comes close=
=20
in terms of useful features and ease of use.  Dreamweaver on the other hand=
=20
is the best visual tool out there and, in its category, it is also in a=20
class all its own.  The learning curve is really not as bad as it seems and=
=20
it's also part of my tools arsenal.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron