Re: Catalog System

by Jan Kampherbeek <j.kampherbeek(at)a1.nl>

 Date:  Sun, 17 Jun 2001 22:51:14 +0200
 To:  "Nick Ciantro" <nc(at)pyrotechsystems.com>,
"HWG Software List" <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Nick,

If you store the Excel data in csv format (comma delimited ASCII) it can be
read by any database system (Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server etc.)
Speaking for Oracle (I don't have experience with the others mentioned) you
can use a 'Dataload' or you might read the datafile and process it with
PL/SQL. The first option is the fastest to implement, the second option
gives you more flexibility.
The same approach can be used with MySQL and Perl or PHP.

HTH ,  Jan Kampherbeek

Jan Kampherbeek, j.kampherbeek(at)a1.nl
jan(at)spiderpro.com
Webmaster of SpiderPro