Re: Homesite 5

by Mark Horvath <mhorvath(at)shore.net>

 Date:  Fri, 21 Mar 2003 07:03:15 -0500
 To:  "David D Pippen" <pipwax1(at)bellsouth.net>
 Cc:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>  Homesite 5 ..... can anyone recommend a good book that I can use to
> learn this
>software.

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, there aren't too many books available in print for Homesite.
Searching the Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Macromedia websites turns up only
three:

HomeSite 4.5 Fast & Easy Web Development
John W. Gosney

Homesite 4.5 for Dummies
Nick Bradbury, Rhonda Crowder, David A. Crowder

Sams Teach Yourself Homesite 4 in 24 Hours with Cdrom
Ben Forta

I can't recommend a particular book because I haven't used any of them. But
Nick Bradbury was the original developer of Homesite and might be worth
reading, and Ben Forta is a well respected web dev guru who writes in a
very clear and lucid style. Bradbury and Forta, though, may be out of print
by this time.

If you are not aware of this, Macromedia also hosts an online Homesite
forum (http://webforums.macromedia.com/homesite/)

Best wishes,

Mark Horvath