Re: Log File Analysis Software

by "Robin S. Socha" <r.socha(at)control-risks.de>

 Date:  04 Aug 1998 20:35:51 +0200
 To:  hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
* S Williams <bvista(at)bella-vista.com> writes:

> Greetings, Is anyone familiar with any software applications that
> can take a raw log file generated by a Web server and turn all that
> data into useful information, such as the number of page (*.htm,
> etc.) hits, what address the visitor came from, etc.

There are dozens of tools for this. I use wwwstat and webalizer. Since
you didn't mention which operating system you're working with, I take
it that .htm means to tell us that you're using some kind of MS
"software" - dunno which format they use...

> If so, any info on where to find/purchase it is greatly appreciated.

<http://www.metacrawler.com/> and <http://ftpsearch.ntnu.no/>

Robin

--
The One and Only Robin S. Socha