Re: cgi or ?

by Leslie(at)wholespace.com

 Date:  Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:09:35 -0600
 To:  lowend(at)prcn.org (Glen Ogilvie)
 Cc:  <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I agree with Russ that you ought to use a database to do the work for
you. PHP/MySQl is a perfect combo for what you are looking for. Also,
I know you can use a commercial database program (such as
FilemakerPro), on your local hard drive, and then convert the data to
MySql entries. I'm not versed enough in these languages to help you,
specifically, though.

Good luck,
Leslie

At 8:13 AM -0800 11/13/00, Glen Ogilvie wrote:
>Hello.
>I am looking at developing a script to help me manage my website. This site
>is a listing of local musicians, a sort of history in my little burb.
>The issue here is that I am constantly adding names, profiles and photos to
>this site. As well I list old time bands.
>When I want to add a new musician's name to the site I generally have to
>edit several files. Sometimes it can be quite cumbersome.
>What I hope to achieve is to have a form page for my use only, where I
>would enter all pertinent info, and hit the submit button. The (cgi?)
>script would then take this info, adding appropriate links, and place it,
>alphabetically, on the appropriate page. I also need it to do a few other
>functions at the same time, probably about 4 to 6 functions.
>If anyone is interested in helping out, or have any suggestions, please
>write me back. I'll send you the URL
>Glen Ogilvie
>lowend(at)prcn.org

-

                                                          ::
                                                          ::
   Leslie Berrie :  Wholespace.com
   (e) leslie(at)wholespace.com (t) 312.664.4424 (f) 312.664.4423
                                                          ::
                                                           :::
                                                            ::::
                                                              ::::