Re: Macromedia and Allaire to merge

by Moe Rubenzahl <moe(at)maxim-ic.com>

 Date:  Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:17:24 -0800
 To:  "Jim H" <jim(at)haslam.com>,
hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I have been watching traffic on Bay Area Cold Fusion Users Group
list. Bottom line is that no one knows, though several have theories.

I'm pretty sure Flash should be unaffected -- it's pretty separate.

The HomeSite vs. Dreamweaver seems to be the most cited concern. I
think Dreamweaver is safe. Besides functionality advantages,
Macromedia has invested greatly in its extensibility; and it is
available for both Mac and PC platform. Homesite is very well loved
though and I think they would have trouble killing it.

Just opinions. But if I were you, I would go for Dreamweaver.
Subject: Macromedia and Allaire to merge
Author: Jim H
Date: 1/17/01 10:06 AM -0700