Re: DreamWeaver2 and IE4

by "Victor Daniel a.k.a the MacNut" <macnut(at)pro-usa.net>

 Date:  Sun, 11 Jul 1999 23:40:07 -0400
 To:  "v a n s h a j" <vanshaj(at)hotmail.com>,
hwg-software(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 8:57 AM +0000 7/12/99, v a n s h a j wrote:
>Hello Victor,
>
>In the Preview option Dreamweaver 2 creates
>a temp file in some dir. after you make
>the changes & try to reload the same file
>it might changed the temp file name....

That assumes IE loads the file the first time I try to preview, and it doesn't.

>I think this is your prob ?
>What you can do is to open the file manually
>from the location & after making changes
>in Dreamweaver, reload it from IE.

I tried loading both the original and the temp files manually in IE, and
get the same "The attempt to load 'filename.html' failed" each time. The
really mystifying part is previews worked in IE until a couple of weeks
ago. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,
The MacNut