Re: Man have I screwed up....

by Moe Rubenzahl <moe(at)maxim-ic.com>

 Date:  Thu, 9 Sep 1999 10:43:16 -0700
 To:  "Jennifer Bowman" <jbowman(at)longwood.lwc.edu>,
hwg-software(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>The page looks fine in FrontPage and looks exactly
>the same in Microsoft's Internet Explorer on both the PC and Mac.  When I
>open the page in Netscape on either platform the top half is missing, ...

Something is very odd here. I got the same results and stranger
still, Netscape Navigator takes way, way longer to get the photos.

I looked at the code and did not see anything amiss. It looked quite
clean, in fact. (I had heard that FP 2000 had rectified most of the
nasty code problems from earlier versions.)

I dunno. What I would do:

1. Open file in Dreamweaver and save, see if problem is still there.
2. If using FPage is important, open this file in a text editor and
do some experiments, removing suspect items and otherwise simplifying
the code to see if you can isolate an element that causes the problem.

A few other comments: One of your alt tags contains a misspelling of
'beautiful'.

Graphic need to be processed by ImageReady or Fireworks or such --
you can probably get them to be 1/3 the size or less. Also could use
some sharpening.