Re: HomeSite/Dreamweaver

by Moe Rubenzahl <moe(at)maxim-ic.com>

 Date:  Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:06:27 -0800
 To:  "Steve Fisk" <skfisk(at)iserv.net>,
"HWG-Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>,
"HWG-Software" <hwg-software(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>I would appreciate some feedback from those of you who are actively
>using this combination regarding tips on how to get optimum results
>from the pair (HomeSite 4.0 and Dreamweaver 2)...

I use Dreamweaver with BBEdit on a Mac but my method of working would
still apply.

I think it is a killer combination. I usually start in Dreamweaver,
using the visual editing to get the right look, switching to both
Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer to confirm that
what I have works in both. Then I move over to BBEdit to tweak code
as necessary. The ability to switch back and forth from hand HTML
coding to visual editing is what makes this such a dynamic duo.

For the most part, DeskWriter makes pretty good code so I don't hand
tweak a whole lot.