Zero Margins on Block Elements?

by "Chris Montgomery" <monty(at)astutia.com>

 Date:  Sun, 7 Nov 1999 15:54:44 -0600
 To:  "HWG CSS Style List" <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Howdy all,

I have two tables, one at the top, the other at the bottom, of all pages
on my site that I'd like to be flush with the browser window's edges
(left and right).  However, I want all the rest of the page content in
between these two top/bottom tables to have left/right margins (similar
to the default browser margins widths).  I've accomplished this effect
so far by setting the body margins to zero in the body tag and then
putting all page content between the top/bottom tables into one table,
centered, width 95%.  This provides a margin to all page content.  But
I'd really like to get away from putting all the content into one big
table.

I'm wondering if it's possible to not set the margins to zero in the
body tag, use the browser default margins, but still somehow set the
margins for the top/bottom tables so that they are flush with the window
edges?  Is this possible with a stylesheet?  Any ideas?

TIA,

Chris Montgomery