RE: abs vs. rel font sizes

by "Eileen Centofanti" <ecento(at)worldnet.att.net>

 Date:  Sun, 26 Mar 2000 15:56:38 -0500
 To:  <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Pam,

you wrote:

>>emails, but I recall that if the web author does NOT define
>>font, the user's
>>default will kick in. Thus, for greater accessibility,
>>designate relative sizes
>>(including "em" for width of spaces)

yes, i remember that, too, but i'm still confused. i thought the beauty of
using style sheets was supposed to be that users could override them with
their own defaults, anyhow. so, even if i specify, say, a 14px font,
couldn't someone with a visual deficit just set their browser to override
stylesheets? would that mean they lose everything, though, like color and
margins? is that why it's best to use relative font sizes?

thanks,
-eileen