Re: CSS snag with NN (another one!)

by "Roger Stenning" <roger(at)isgwds.enterprise-plc.com>

 Date:  Sun, 12 Nov 2000 00:48:20 -0000
 To:  <hwg-style(at)mail.hwg.org>,
"Maryon Widdershoven" <hagwid(at)casema.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Maryon -

Thanks for the swift reply - I'm copying this to the list as well, just in
case!

> > The pages are at http://www.the-ixg.co.uk/outwards/index.html, and I'd
>
> This url is wrong!
> Should be http://www.the-isg.co.uk/outwards/index.html

AGH! me and my thrice-damned trypoing again! Sorry about that!

> Did you try to take out the background-color and color out of the body
> element?

Not until you suggested it!

For eveyone else's benefit, the embedded style sheet contained the following
elements:

          }

          P,TD,TR  {
           font-size : small;
           font-family : Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
          color : #ffffff;
          background-color : transparent;
           margin-left : 0.5em;
          }

Removing the "background-colour : transparent;" did the trick - thanks!

> I'm not sure it will solve something for you, but did for me in another
> situation.

Works just fine in both IE and, now, NN - many thanks (so much for NN and
style compatibility. HUH!)!

Best regards,

Roger Stenning,
Webmaster, The Impossible Scenarios Group
www.the-isg.co.uk
ICQ: 74721632
UK Amateur Radio call sign: G1LIW
(PGP public key available on request)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message may not
be those of the ISG. The information in this email and in any
attachments may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, you should not retain, copy or use this email for
any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of its content to any other
person - you should also destroy this message, delete any copies
held on your systems and notify the sender immediately.