Re: Difference between class and id

by "Ineke van der Maat" <inekemaa(at)xs4all.nl>

 Date:  Tue, 28 May 2002 23:52:40 +0200
 To:  "Scott Norman" <Mokele(at)mac.com>,
<hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Scott,

Yes you are right. It is not always possible to avoid span, see your examples
below used as inline-element when changing colors or expressing something as a
warning  (perhaps is strong here a better element? But that is a personal
preference I believe.) within a paragraph.

When I finish coding a site, I always overlook the code whether I can avoid
superfluous elements, especcially span tags with their classes by putting their
classes in another element. Sometimes it is possible, sometimes not. I always
try to code as compact as possible.

Greetings
Ineke