Re: Font Size Mystery (Windows)

by "Andrew Angelopoulos" <angelopoulos(at)csi.com>

 Date:  Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:49:42 -0500
 To:  "Anna Peekstok" <apeekstok(at)home.com>,
<hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Anna,

Activity on this list happens in hiccups. I didn't get any info and then,
hiccup. Then it stays quiet. Do not fear. Lots of people are watching.

I'm no CSS expert (and if I'm wrong I'm sure somebody will correct
me<wink>), but I think it's just that the default font on the Mac is
different. I looked at your style sheet and you don't explicitly set a size
for the TD or "li a" (though I've had trouble with NN with this).

When I change browser font size, the text in question changes size while the
rest (the CSS-specified text) does not.

That might be it.

Also, you can save a few bytes of space by altering your JavaScript a
little. You really are only testing for two conditions--Netscape and not
Netscape (unless you want to exclude, say Opera).

Andrew
Viewed in IE5.5, Win98

from
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--

if ((navigator.appName == "WebTV")) {
 document.write("<link rel=stylesheet
href=\"http://www.dustystrings.com/explorer.css\" TYPE=\"text/css\">"); }

else if ((navigator.appName == "Netscape")) {
 document.write("<link rel=stylesheet
href=\"http://www.dustystrings.com/netscape.css\" type=\"text/css\">"); }

else {
 document.write("<LINK REL=stylesheet