RE: Font Sizing Issue

by "Stephanie Chausse" <schausse(at)provlib.org>

 Date:  Fri, 16 May 2003 15:44:23 -0400
 To:  <hwg-style(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

The site looks fine in IE 6 except some minor overlaps--in the header
the word together is overlapped by the universities logo--I guess the
heading overlaps on the left side are purposeful--they look better when
the box shading/border are a different color than the heading
text--Also, I am sure you know this and maybe it's what you meant by
accessibility issues but since Netscape can resize formerly fixed fonts,
everything overlaps--Stephanie

Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:57:31 +0100
From: "Nigel Peck - MIS Web Design" <nigel(at)miswebdesign.com>
Subject: I have just finished a site that uses absolute positioning and
fixed font sizes on the home page (please dont point out the
accessibility issues, I know).

The site works fine in nearly all cases, however on two PCs running IE 5
and 6 the font sizes are bigger than they should be. The first default
font is arial which both machines have installed on the system.

The site is at:
http://www.graduatesyorkshire.info/

Any ideas?

Thanks