Re: DIV question

by "Ineke van der Maat" <inekemaa(at)xs4all.nl>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Jun 2001 21:59:22 -0700
 To:  <hwg-style(at)hwg.org>

From: "Ineke van der Maat" <inekemaa(at)xs4all.nl>
To: "Ed Peddycoart" <epeddycoart(at)cg2.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 9:50 PM
Subject: Re: DIV question

Hallo Ed,

 I had the same problem with links in a table that were not different
coloured from the rest of the page.
I got the solution from the university of Delft:
You must specify in your style sheet a different class for your table links
like these:
 a.table:link {color: yellow;
                    background: transparent;}
 a.table:visited {color. purple;
                         background: transparent;}

 In your link you write <a href=".." class="table">...</a>
 You see you must  give in your style sheet the link a table classname like
table or whatever you want.
and for the cell background you can use  a class
 Cell name
.Cell {background-colour:  #ffffff or something like that;}
  (td class="Cell" will then show the background  you specified in your
stylesheet)

 Greetings
 Ineke