Re: CSS with tables and Netscape 4

by "Ineke van der Maat" <inekemaa(at)xs4all.nl>

 Date:  Thu, 7 Jun 2001 21:53:11 -0700
 To:  "Tomas Arthur Gregg" <togregg(at)indiana.edu>,
<hwg-style(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hallo Thomas,

I  looked into the HTML 4 Bible, but I cann't find also  {height : ..;} to
use in a style sheet. When you use the obsolete deprecated  tag <td
height="..">  you risk that small monitors will not show  the text very
well, as the text perhaps will be longer as you defined the height. I
recommand you to use in your stylesheet the vertical-align element, so that
the height of your cell will not depend on the screen of the user. Than it
will showed  always very well.

Cheers from the Netherlands
Ineke van der Maat